Almost all custom ROMs for the Galaxy S6 affect Samsung’s security software KNOX. Previously it was impossible for users to install a custom ROM like Cyanogenmod and keep KNOX from voiding your device’s hardware warranty but the PingPongRoot developer idler1984 has managed to root Galaxy S6 without removing KNOX using PingPongRoot.
The method explained bellow doesn’t require ODIN and the following ROM builds are supported:
Root Galaxy S6 without affecting KNOX using PingPongRoot
- Download party_beta2.7z .zip file here
- Open the extracted folder and move the pingpongroot_beta2.apk to your Galaxy S6 internal memory
- Head over to the My Files app
- Look for the pingpongroot_beta2.apk and install it
- Open up the app and then hit the “Get Root!”
- Reboot your device and let the app do its work, changing the different files that are on your device.
- You have now successfully rooted Galaxy S6 PingPongRoot without affecting KNOX
I’m a tall human being who enjoys video games, technological things and making videos for YouTube. I live in London, I’m currently a partner with TGN on YouTube and I’ve also started as an editor for AmongTech