When installing third party software, rooting or modifying your Galaxy S6 in any way you might have “bricked” your devise at some point. While this is something that happens frequently to unbrick Galaxy s6 isn’t an easy task.
The guide bellow will learn you how to unbrick Galaxy S6 running Android 5.0 Lollipop or higher. Keep in mind that unbricking Galaxy S6 does require you to wipe your device meaning you will lose all personal information and data stored on your device. We highly recommend you make sure you have a backup of your device before following the steps bellow.
How to unbrick Galaxy S6 running Android 5.0 Lollipop
There are 2 methods. The first guide bellow will perform a hard reset of your device, it will bring back your Galaxy S6 to its original state.
- turn off your Galaxy S6
- access recovery mode.
- select the “wipe data factory reset” option.
- Resume the process by following on screen prompts.
- Optional: select “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”
- When done, go back to main menu of recovery
- from there select “reboot system now”.
Method 2: Downgrading using ODIN
- Enable USB debugging from the Settings menu
- on your computer temporarily deactivate antivirus protection
- Download ODIN here
- Download Samsung KIES
- And Galaxy S6 stock firmware here
- use Samsung KIES and install the Galaxy S6 USB drivers on your computer.
- run Odin on your computer and connect your device to your PC
- Use ODIN to flash the previously downloaded firmware on your Galaxy S6.