If you love Apple and minimalism the overall Mac OSX operation system will suit you great, but there is a program which you use on a daily basis that might not fit into that “minimalist” style, The Safari web browser. Apple’s browser is easier to use them Chrome but can be simplified, a lot. There is hope, the popular web browser from Apple can be transformed into a minimalist browser, the result:
Which just shows the most important part: The content. So how can i achieve this with my browser? Lets take a look
How to turn Safari into a minimalist browser
- First we are going to install the Better Touch Tool
- Head over to System Preferences
- Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts
- Add the following shortcuts:
- Fire up Better Touch Tool
- Add the App “Safari”
- select Trackpads in the top var and add the gestures three-finger up– and down. Make them trigger a “custom keyboard shortcut”.
- Press cmd+alt+T for the up gesture and cmd+shift+B for the down gesture.
- You can use Cmd+L to access the navigation bar temporarily.
Thanks to Patrik Gothen!