OnePlus announced several weeks back it was going to launch its own custom ROM based on Android 5.0 Lollipop and it has just officially launched this new ROM. The ROM is currently in Alpha and it is so early that this build contains no extras beyond the stock features of AOSP Lollipop, the reason why it has been released is so users can report bugs and stabilize core functionalities.
We are going to take a look at the download and install process since TWRP Recovery is required on the OnePlus One to be able to install the new ROM.
How to install TWRP Recovery OnePlus One
- First we are going to download and install TWRP
- Download TWRP for OnePlus One
- Go into settings and enable USB debugging.
- Connect your device to your PC
- Run the following command: adb reboot bootloader
- then run this command: fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img
Download and install the new OnePlus One custom ROM (Alpha build)
- Download the still unnamed ROM here
- Boot into TWRP recovery. You can do this on your OPO by holding both the volume down and power buttons.
- perform a System Wipe and factory reset to clean your data, cache, and Dalvik
- install and find the zip you copied to your device and confirm flash
- Once installed Clear your cache again
- Check out our guide on Gapps to install Google Apps