The Executive Vice President of Samsung Mobile has confirmed earlier this week that on September 4 they will reveal their new Smartwatch called the Samsung Galaxy Gear. But what will the device look like and what are its technical specs? the new Samsung Galaxy Gear will have:
- 1.63-inch Super AMOLED panel 320×320 resolution
- 315 mAh = 10 hours of battery life
- 800MHz Exynos CPU
- 1.9 MegaPixel front camera 720p
- Speakers in the device’s strap
- Featured apps from Atooma, Banjo, Evernote, Glympse, eBay, Line, MyFitnessPal, Path, Pocket, RunKeeper, TripIt and Vivino
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Built In VPN
- Android Jelly Bean
- 512MB of RAM
- 4GB of storage
- Product only compatible with Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 10.1
- Available on September 25, 2013
- It will be available in six colors: Jet Black, Mocha Gray, Wild Orange, Oatmeal Beige, Rose Gold, and Lime Green.
- Launch price: $300
As of now, the Galaxy Gear is only compatible with the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 10.1 but will also be compatible with older Galaxy devices after a software update has been made. It is also interesting to see that Samsung has chosen for a not curvy glass design, while both of its competitors (Apple and Microsoft) have. For more see: Microsoft Smartwatch to come in a variety of colors and Imagining the iWatch interface
Update (Monday Sep 2): VentureBeat has revealed the first official images of the device. Also confirming the following: It will have pre-loaded android apps, integration with a Galaxy or Android device, easy to use swipe function to access apps, power button on the side and social media integration.The device will also be supported by VPN software if you use it in conjunction with WiFi over a VPN router.
Update 2 (Thursday Sept 4): We have updated our post with the announced information at the Samsung unpacked presentation. Don’t like the galaxy gear? Check out The best alternatives to the Galaxy gear
Hello, my name is Niels Bosch
and i am the founder of AmongTech. Currently living in the South of Spain. My main interests are web development, playing video games once in a while, Apple, Marketing and SEO. I am currently studying Business administration, Networking & Security and Database management and will be doing so for the next year.