Rooting an Android device is something many users do as it allows you to download paid apps for free from the Play Store, allow you to update to the latest Android version before your carrier has released it, customize the look of the UI and many more.
If you want to root an Android device you usually need a computer to do it, but there is a Chinese app discovered by tfq that will allow you to root your Android device without the need of a computer, by simply installing the app. Lets take a look at the steps necessary to do just so, keep in mind the App is in Chinese and can’t be changed to any other language, so it is important that you follow the steps to know exactly what buttons to press:
- Backup your device, here is a guide how to back your Android device to the cloud without using a computer!
- Download MasterRoot APK
- Once installed, open up the app and press the Middle button with the word “ROOT” in it (see image bellow)
- The device will now check your Android version and whether your device is rootable, keep in mind that MasterRoot APK only works on Android 4.1.x – 4.3.x If you device is rootable, it will show a popup, hit the button “root”
- Once it is done loading, a pop up will appear showing a red and purple button, this only appears once the device has been rooted so if you got this far, you have done so successfully. It is very important you choose the purple button
- Once this has been done the app will install Superuser and SuperSU to manage apps on the device, these apps do require root access. We recommend you restart the device once everything is done.
This is currently the only viable way of rooting your Android device without using a computer. AmongTech isn’t responsible for any damage caused to the device and we highly recommend you back up all of your data before installing RootMaster APK. Questions or tips? Leave a comment bellow!
Hello, my name is Niels Bosch
and i am the founder of AmongTech. Currently living in the South of Spain. My main interests are web development, playing video games once in a while, Apple, Marketing and SEO. I am currently studying Business administration, Networking & Security and Database management and will be doing so for the next year.