BGR previously revealed information on the new Amazon Smartphone confirming that the device will have 6 cameras, a 3D display and showed us the first images of the device in several blurry images. Now BGR has done it again leaking images of the device that were created by graphic designers at Amazon for internal use.
The device has a similar design to many other smartphones and it looks like Amazon isn’t trying to stand out as far as how the device looks but that doesn’t mean that the smartphone doesn’t include anything new we haven’t seen before:
- The device will include 6 cameras to be able to make 3D pictures and store a 3D version of the picture and non-3D version on the device
- It will feature a 3D display, enabled by four front-facing infrared cameras which will track the movement of your head
- Gestured based control which can be used to easily access certain apps.
- It will run on a customized version of Android (similar to the one which can be found on Kindle Fire tablets) this means that you won’t be able to download Play Store apps, instead you can only download apps available on the Amazon app store.
The new Amazon Smartphone is planning to be revealed sometime late spring or early summer and similar to how Amazon usually launches its products, we expect it to be available in the US exclusively and later become available in other countries. Here is the full list of specs of the device:
- 4.7-inch 720P 3D display
- 2GB of RAM
- 6 Rear facing cameras
- quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- Custom Android OS
- Four front facing infrared cameras
Hello, my name is Niels Bosch
and i am the founder of AmongTech. Currently living in the South of Spain. My main interests are web development, playing video games once in a while, Apple, Marketing and SEO. I am currently studying Business administration, Networking & Security and Database management and will be doing so for the next year.