Apple has just released iOS 8 Beta 4 to developers. iOS 8 Beta 3 released just several weeks ago and brought a bunch of changes, tweaks and improvements, Beta 4 is expected to be a smaller update yet feature some noticeable changes. iOS 8 beta 4 is available for the following iOS devices:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air, Retina iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPad 3, iPad 2
- 5th generation iPod touch
Full list of iOS 8 changes
- Redesigned control panel in iOS 8 beta 4
- New options for Messages history
- Accepting friend requests in Game Center has now been made easier
- Fixed issue with health app not syncing properly with other devices
- New Slide to upgrade screen
- in Cellular, there is a new option under “data roaming” called “EU Internet”
“EU Internet services only applies to Internet and personal hotspot data traffic”
- New option to disable Lock screen app suggestions
- Bug Report app has been removed.
- Improved memory usage of Safari makes it “snappier” (this seems to be happening in every beta..)
- Improvements made to the App Store causing it to be less laggy
- New Settings Menu for Display, Text Size, and Bold text
- WhatsApp still doesn’t work. You can Download the Whatsapp beta which has been released specifically for iOS 8 beta’s which does work.
- Slower multitasking animation
- New message when changing your iCloud Keychain password
- New “Tips” app which will give weekly tips on how to get the most out of iOS 8 and your device.
- Fixed issue causing devices to get stuck when uploading photos to icloud
- Fixed issue with “Hey, Siri”
- Bug fixes made to the following apps/features: CarPlay, Contacts, Family Sharing, iOS file system, Find my Friends, Game Center, Handoff, HealthKit, iAd, iCloud Drive, iCloud Keychain, Keyboards, Localization, Messages, Music app, Newsstand app, Notification Center, Phone, Photos, Safari and Siri