Apple has just released iOS 8 beta 3 to developers several weeks after it released Beta 2 which mainly brought bug fixes. The update is available to developer which currently have iOS 8 on their device, the final version of iOS 8 is expected to release later this fall, the build number of this update is: 12A4318c. This is an email sent out to all developers:
It was previously already rumored that the update would come out either July 7 or July 8, it seems that the rumors were accurate. Here is a full list of changes made in the update:
This post is still under development, please refresh this post to reveal new information… [we are still looking for changes in the update, if you find any, make sure to leave a comment]
- New iCloud Drive. When you power on your device it will ask you if you want to start using iCloud Drive
- BETA Update for Find my iPhone and Find My Friends also available
- Fixed a ton of bugs causing app crashes
- WhatsApp still doesn’t work in Beta 3
- Small improvements and UI changes have been made to the Weather app
- New Wallpapers are now available
- New feature called “Handoff” that allows you to “continue apps to and from all your icloud devices”
- New sharing options in pictures that allows you to easily share moments
- New Setting called “Quicktime”
- You can now automatically save all incoming media via iMessage on your device with a simple option.
- Number dictation (number keypad)
- New Search feature in iPhotos (allowing you to search by moment or date)
- New Animations
- Now FaceTime call history can filter video call and voice calls
- Playlists sizes are now shorter.
- QuickType now has a little bar to access it.
- New WIFI feature called “Wifi Calling” which allows you to make phone calls using your Mac running Yosemite
- YouTube/video in third party apps seems to work again.
- Slight changes made to the “Clear” tab in the notification tab
- Redesigned app store