While OnePlus promised that in less then 90 days of Android Lollipop becoming available it would have CM12 ready, Android 5.0 has been unofficially ported to the OnePlus One allowing users to install the latest version of Android right now on the One.
The only mayor downside of this unofficial release is that it doesn’t include any of the Cyanogenmod features as it is essentially a stock AOSP build of Lollipop for the OnePlus One. In this build, both NFC and Bluetooth do not work, so install at your own risk.
How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on the OnePlus One
- We highly recommend you back up your device before we start, you can learn how to create one effectively here
- Boot your device intro recovery, you can do this by holding the Volume Down and Power buttons.
- Perform a system wipe and Wipe all data of the device
- Download the unofficial Android 5.0 factory image: cm-12-20141112-UNOFFICIAL-bacon.zip
- Flash it onto your device and install the ROM.
- Reboot your device
- You can download Cyanogenmod GAPPS
You can expect OnePlus to officially release Android 5.0 Lollipop in the upcoming months as it promised to release it within 90 days.