As Microsoft releases Office for iPad, Android tablet users are still waiting for a tablet version of Office 365. Android Smartphones have been able to enjoy Microsoft’s suite of apps like Word, Excel and Powerpoint for some time now but it doesn’t look like Microsoft is going to release the tablet version any time soon, so how do i install Microsoft office on my Android tablet?
- Reminder: In order for this to work you do require to have a Office 365 subscription. While the app is free in order for it to work you need to log into your account which requires the subscription. It can be purchased here
- Download and upload the Microsoft Office Mobile APK and upload it to OneDrive (or any other cloud service, like Dropbox)
- Then nagivate to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources to allow the installation of apps that come from somewhere other than the Google Play Store.
- Open OneDrive on your tablet and look for the APK you have previously downloaded in step 2
- Open up the file and press “Install”
- Once done, you can open up the app
- Log into the account with your account and voila!
Lets hope Microsoft will soon release the official version of Office 365 that is optimized for Android Tablets! Any questions or problems? Make sure to leave us a comment!. Don’t like Office? Check out our list of the Top 3 Alternative to Microsoft Office