We have already made a guide on How to install the new Android L developer preview on the Nexus 7 (2012 edition) but it is now also possible to install Android L on the Nexus 4. The build is a direct port from the Android L version of the Nexus 5 where most of the features work (not like the Android L port for the Nexus 7).
The port for the Nexus 4 is incredibly unstable and shouldn’t be installed if you are planning on using your device as a daily driver, we can recommend it if you are a developer and just want to try your app on the new OS.
How to install Android L on the Nexus 4
- Requires: Unlocked Bootloader and Custom recovery installed
- First we are going to need to download the ported version, which can be done from here (proof available here) [We are aware of the limited downloads Google Drive has and are working with the developer on getting it on a different file sharing website]
- Put the .zip file on your SD Card
- Boot your device into custom recovery
- Head over to “Install from Zip”
- Select the .zip file you put on your SD card in step 2
- We highly recommend you also use the “Wipe Cache Partition” option
- Reboot your device into Android L
Don’t forget to check out our guide on How to get Android L Style notifications on any android device, How to get the Android L Keyboard on any android device and if you own a LG G3, check out Tweakbox