Google has released the new Android L Developer preview for the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (2013 edition). Google has confirmed it won’t release the preview for either the Nexus 4 or Nexus 7 (2012) but if you have a Nexus 7 (2012) this might be your lucky day as the Android L Developer preview has been ported.
Before you start it is important that you know that a lot of critical features do not work and it is better to make a things of list that do work, since it is shorter then the list of things that don’t work, Here is everything that DOES work:
Anything else mentioned, doesn’t work. But if you are a developer and just interested to start making your app for Android L, you might not need most of the features and this ported version can still be of use. Remember, this is an unofficial port!
v4: (July 1st):
– Added gnustomp’s Wi-Fi fix
– Switched to the Lego Kernel
v3 (June 30th):
– Added Koush’s Superuser to the ROM
– Added cernekee’s non-PIE fix so that Superuser would run
v2 (June 29th):
– Fixed stupid mistake that caused app installation to fail
– Fixed another stupid mistake that prevented Wi-Fi from turning on
v1 (June 29th):
– Initial release