Google has recently launched its Android L Developer preview which allows developers to install the new version of Android and start developing apps or optimize their old apps for the platform. Android L brings a ton of changes to Android, with huge improvements to notifications, new buttons, battery improvements, 64 bit support and more. How to install Android L developer preview (if you are not a developer) on the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7
- Before we start, you should backup your device (guide on How-To can be found here) since this installation will wipe your device
- You must have an unlocked device
- Install ADB and Fastboot
- Head over here and download the Android L Factory image for your device
- Enable Debug mode on your device (Settings > About Phone > Build Number and tap “Build Number” 7 times)
- Unzip the file and connect your device via USB to your computer
- Open up Command line for ADB and enter: adb reboot bootloader
- Navigate to the folder with the factory image which you downloaded in step 3
- Enter Flash-all to run the installation
- This can take several minutes
- Once it is done, log in and you are ready to go :-)
Keep in mind that doing this installation will wipe your device and make you lose all of your data, this is why it is important for you to backup all of your data before you start upgrading.
Hello, my name is Niels Bosch
and i am the founder of AmongTech. Currently living in the South of Spain. My main interests are web development, playing video games once in a while, Apple, Marketing and SEO. I am currently studying Business administration, Networking & Security and Database management and will be doing so for the next year.