If you are someone who has a lot of devices but when is at home just uses its iMac, you might get annoyed by the amount of times you have to look on your smartphone or tablet to see if you have any new interesting notifications. But why not let iOS notifications automatically appear on your iMac?
A new app called Notifyr allows you to do just that, any notification that you receive on your iDevice will appear on your Mac. Here is how:
- Go to the App store on iOS and download Notifyr then head over to the App store on your Mac and download Notifyr there too
- Once both are installed enable Bluetooth on both of your devices (iPhone 4S or newer is required)
- Open up the Settings app and Navigate to Bluetooth
- Open up the Bluetooth settings tab on your iMac and look for your iPhone
- Once the devices have been connected, on your Mac you can change what notifications you want to appear on your Mac.
The service currently supports notification for any app but are specially handy for popular apps like: Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Mail, Snapchat, Tweetbot, iMessage, Telegram, BBM, Yahoo News Digest, Facebook Messages, SMS, Clash of Titans and many more. The app is free for Mac but in order for it to work requires you to download the $3.99 iOS app which is compatible with the iPhone 4S and newer and iPad.