Google has recently implemented a new feature into its popular search engine that makes use of Google Search. It allows you to perform actions by making Google Searches like turning on or off the alarm, send Google Maps directions to your phone and more.
In order for this to work you are required to have an Android smartphone and the latest version of the Google Play Store app.
How to connect your Android Phone to Google Search
- On your phone, open the Google app.
- In the top left corner, touch the Menu icon > Settings > Now cards.
- Turn on Show cards.
- Turn on Show notifications.
- Visit the Account History page.
- Make sure the switch is on (green).
- Sign in to your Google account
- Start sending information to your device
List of commands you can send to your Android phone from Google Search
- Find my Phone: Find my Phone
- Send Google Maps directions to your phone: send directions to my phone
- Send a note to your phone: send a note to my phone
- Set an alarm: Set an alarm
- Set a reminder on your phone: Set a reminder
Having issues sending commands to your device? Make sure to try one of these things:
- Your Google app isn’t updated
- Now cards aren’t turned on
- Web & App Activity isn’t turned on
- You’re signed in to your computer browser with a different account than you use for the Google app