Samsung has just revealed world’s very first curved glass smartphone. Coming with a 5.7-inch curved display Samsung is the very first one to bring this to the market, it claims that the curved screen will make it easier to grip and brings ton of “fun” premium features to the smartphone such as the “roll effect” which will show you the time and date when you roll your smartphone to the side (as demonstrated in the video bellow). However, there are 2 mayor downsides to the Galaxy Round. One being the fact that it is as of now only available in South Korea and will not be available in the US, UK or in Europe for quiet some time. The other down side is that the device has a $1.000 pricetag on the 32GB version without a contract. The smartphone will be available on Thursday 10 October in South Korea for 1.1 million won (1.003€).
As far as technical specs go, here is a full list of the specs of the device.
- Network: LTE 150mbps (Korean market)
- Connectivity: Wifi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0
- Processor: quad-core Krait processor at 2.3 GHz
- Display: 5.7-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Super Flexible AMOLED, 386 ppi
- Memory: 32 GB + microSD (up to 64GB)
- RAM: 3GB
- OS: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Rear Camera: 13MP AF with flash
- Front Camera: 2MP
- Weight: 154g
- Battery: 2800mAh
Here is the video showing off the new “roll effect” feature