Apple has just updated the iOS 7.1 to beta 2 in which several changes have been made, one of them is the new option in the settings tab which says “Car Display”. Apple has been working on improving the integration of iOS in the car as they revealed at WWDC, it looks like iOS 7.1 will be the version in which this will be fully integrated into iOS.
Honda has recently announced that they will be providing full integration for the iPhone, specially making use of its powerful voice assistant Siri. The Honda Civic will get this support in 2014 models. This integration is looking into making it easier for users to interact with content. The “Car Display” could mean that you can now also mirror your iPhone display to your car. Sources have confirmed to 9to5mac that Apple is working on an update for iMaps that will improve the way we interact and use maps while in the car. It will also improve the way we manage Music and videos in the car.
Here is the image of the setting in iOS 7.1 beta 2, which is currently only available for Developers.
Here is the full list of changes made in iOS 7.1 beta 2:
- Touch ID and Passcode Settings are now more prominently displayed under the sound tab
- Animations are now even faster than in beta 1.
- Bug fix related to tone
- Control Center has a new bounce animation when you toggle it
- new label to show you where audio is coming from.
- New list view redesign/toggle in Calendar app.
- you can now turn on button shapes which will show you the area where you have to tab for it to be a valid “click”
- There have been some changes to Touch ID improving its accuracy