The Galaxy S5 is Samsung’s new flagship and hasn’t even been released yet but Chainfire who previously rooted the S4 before it was released has been able to pull of the same with the S5. Rooting your device gives you several advantages like getting paid apps from the Play Store for free, update to the latest Android version before your carrier has released it, customize the look of the UI and more. We have put together a step by step guide on how to Root Samsung Galaxy S5, we suggest you follow it and carefully read it through several times before doing it:
- Back up your device (Very important!)
- Head over here and download CF-Auto-Root.zip for the Samsung SM-G900F
- Disconnect the phone from your computer if you have it connected through USB
- Extract the file and run Odin3-v3.exe
- Click the “PDA” button and from the earlier extracted file select cf-auto-root….tar.md5
- Put your phone in “Download mode” (this can be done by turning the S5 off, then pressing the volume down + home + power button) If you get asked to press a button continue and run the following command: run adb reboot download
- reconnect the phone to your computer through USB
- Uncheck “Reparation” (IMPORTANT) once done, press Start
- Your Galaxy S5 is now rooted! :-)
We do have to remind you that rooting your device could cause harm and AmongTech is not responsible for any issues this might cause to your S5 or any other device. Make sure to check out our guide on how to root android devices without computer.
Hello, my name is Niels Bosch
and i am the founder of AmongTech. Currently living in the South of Spain. My main interests are web development, playing video games once in a while, Apple, Marketing and SEO. I am currently studying Business administration, Networking & Security and Database management and will be doing so for the next year.