Many Galaxy Note 2 users are still waiting for Android 5.0 Lollipop to be released on their device but Samsung Gulf just confirmed via Facebook that Samsung won’t officially release Android 5.0 Lollipop on the Galaxy Note 2, which means it is going to end up stuck on Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
There are alternative methods to install Android Lollipop Galaxy Note 2 using Cyanogenmod 12. With CM12 you can install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on the Galaxy Note 2. Cyanogenmod is a ROM based on Android, Cyanogenmod 12 is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop and install the ROM on your device will allow you to get the unsupported Android Lollipop Galaxy Note 2.
Install Android Lollipop Galaxy Note 2 With CM12
- First, we are going to download Cyanogenmod 12 for your Galaxy Note 2, this can be done from here
- Head over here to download Gapps for CM12
- Connect the Note 2 to your computer
- Move the .zip files downloaded previously to your Galaxy Note 2 internal memory
- Once done, unplug your device
- Turn your Note 2 off and then back on into recovery mode
- from recovery select “wipe data factory reset”. Then pick “wipe cache partition”. Finally choose “advanced” followed by “wipe dalivik cache”.
- Then choose the “install zip from SD card” option and install the Cyanogenmod .zip file
- Once done, you can install the Gapps to get your Google Apps
- You have now successfully updated to Android Lollipop Galaxy Note 2