Cyanogen Inc has just released a beta app for Mac OSX that allows Mac users to install the worlds most popular custom Android ROM on your Android device. Previously only available on Windows users were able to install the CyanogenMod on their Android device, with this Mac users can now do so with a few simple clicks.
All though it is still in beta and we as of now are not sure when the full version will become available we have put together a little guide that we recommend you follow in order to install the software and get Cyanogen Mod on your Android device:
- Make a back-up of your Android device
- Download and install the CyanogenMod for Mac (download link can be found at the right sidebar)
- Enable USB debugging on your Android smartphone
- Connect your phone through USB to your Mac
- Run the CyanogenMod software
- If your device is supported (check out the list of supported devices here) the software will recognize it
- A window will show which asks you to confirm, also notifying you about the fact that: all the info on the device will be lost.
- The software will do its thing and your Android smartphone will reboot, if everything goes correctly you now have CyanogenMod installed.
Remember that the software is still in beta and some issues and unexpected crashes to the software may happen.