We all love Cyanogenmod and Developers on XDA always work hard on porting the ROM to the latest Android Devices, it appears that this also includes Android One devices as XDA user Varun.chitre15 has just been ported Cyanogenmod 11 to the Micromax Canvas A1.
The CM11 port is still in early stages but is very stable and should be no issue when used as a daily driver, the only main 2 issues are that the second SIM card doesn’t work or the WIFI, other then that everything should work fine.
How to install Cyanogenmod 11 (CM11) on the Micromax Canvas A1
- First we are going to download the CM11.zip file and Gapps
- Once we have cyanogenmod downloaded, power off your smartphone
- Boot your device into recovery mode
- Perform a system wipe ( format system, data and cache)
- Install the CM11.zip file
- Install the Gapps.zip file
- Reboot your device
The Canvas A1 isn’t the only Android One device CM11 is available for, you can also install it on the Spice Dream Uno and Karbonn Sparkle V, learn how to do so here