Cyanogen has finally released the new CM12 Nightly for the Nexus 9, Google’s latest addition to the Nexus tablet family. Cyanogenmod 12 for the Nexus 6 has been available since the announcement but the team has struggled to get CM12 on the Nexus 9.
CM12 for the Nexus 9 is now live and ready to download from the official Cyanogenmod website here. Keep in mind that this is not the final Cyanogenmod 12 version, instead just a Nightly. We expect CM12 to become available in the upcoming months.
How to install CM12 Nightly on the Nexus 9
- First, download the cm-12-20150207-NIGHTLY-flounder.zip here
- Flash the .zip file to your Nexus 9 internal storage
- Boot your Nexus 9 into recovery mode
- We highly recommend you perform a system backup, you can learn how to do so here
- Perform a factory reset, wipe all data and ART cache (learn more about ART and Dalvik)
- Go to “install zip from sdcard” > “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Choose the previously downloaded and flashed CM12 Nightly folder.
- Don’t forget to Download Gapps for CM12