OnePlus has released the stock version of Android 4.4.4 for the OnePlus One. The device currently features a customized version of Android with Cyanogenmod (CyanogenMod 11S ROM.) but for those who are looking for a 100% pure Android experience can now do so by installing this ROM.
How to install Stock Android 4.4.4 KitKat ROM on the OnePlus One
- First, we are going to download the ROM
- and download the Gapps
- Flash the downloaded .zip file onto your device
- Unlock the boot loader and custom recovery
- Reboot your device into recovery mode
- Wipe your device and clear the cache
- Install the .zip file from the custom ROM
- Install the .zip file from the Gapps
However, OnePlus does warn that by installing this RÖM you do remove the warranty of your device. There are also several known issues as the Gyroscope may not work for all devices
and the Encryption features and VPN do not work.