Many Moto X users have complained about battery issues after upgrading to Android Kit Kat 4.4.2 causing them to lose as much as 50% as what the battery originally lasted. It seems like a bug is causing the device to drain battery life after you upgrade it and the software forgets to clear the cache partition on the device. here are currently 2 methods that should fix this issue:
Method 1: Clearing Partition Cache
- Turn off your device
- Hold the volume Down key for 2 – 3 seconds, then press the power key and after another 2 seconds release both at the same time
- The device should boot up
- Once you are in the menu, Scroll down using the Volume down key until you get to Recovery then use the Volume up key to select it
- Navigate using the Volume Down key to “Wipe Cache” and then use the power key to select it
- The device will reboot and problem solved!
Method 2: Using the Battery Doctor app
- Go to the Play store or click on this link to download Battery doctor
- Install the app
- Run the diagnostic tool
- Make any adjustments the app thinks is necessary after it has completed the Diagnosis
- Battery doctor will also let you know if the same battery issue occurs again so you will know when to clear the partition cache.
Do you know any other method? Let us know in a comment bellow!
Update: For those who are experiencing issues with the “no command” try the following: When at the ”No command” screen, press, hold for 2 seconds, and release power button and volume up button simultaneously. Then continue with Step 5 of our Method 1 guide.