Since the launch of Apple’s latest OS X, Yosemite, some users have been reporting issues with the bluetooth causing the magic mouse, Magic Trackpad, wireless keyboard and other third party devices that are connected via bluetooth to the Mac to keep getting disconnected. While Apple is aware of the issue and a hot fix should be provided soon, mean while there is a fix that should work temporarily.
3 methods on How to fix Mac OS X Yosemite Bluetooth Issues
– First Method: Our first and second method are the ones we recommend the most and it consists in resetting the SMC (System Management Control) and PRAM, explained in Method 2. Depending on your device, follow one of these instructions:
- MacBook Pro and MacBook Air users: First, shut off your mac. Connect your power adapter to the Mac (make sure it is plugged in to the wall too) then press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time. Then release all the buttons at the same time (important) then proceed to press the power button to turn on your Mac.
- iMac, MacPro and MacMini users: Make sure to turn off your computer and unplug its power cord. Wait for 15 seconds and plug it back in, once its plugged in wait 5 seconds and turn back on your iMac.
– Second Method: The second Method consists in resetting the PRAM or Parameter Random Access Memory
- iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook air, Mac Mini, Mac Pro: Simply power off your Mac, turn it back on and as soon as you hit the power button, press the following 4 keys at the same time on your keyboard: hold down the Command, Option, P, and R keys all at the same time, wait until you hear the boot up sound for the second time, then let go of the keys.
– Third Method: This one is the easiest to do and one we recommend trying before resenting your PRAM or SMC.
- iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Pro, Macbook Air, MacBook Pro: Disconnect all the USB peripherals connected to your Mac (like a USB mouse, USB keyword, external hard drive, thumb drive etc.) turn off your device, wait for 3 minutes, Boot it up again (with the USB peripherals disconnected). If Bluetooth works again, you can connect them again.
We expect that Apple will release a fix for the Bluetooth issue in the upcoming weeks, stay tuned!