Many of you that want to upgrade to Windows 8.1 might wonder How to download the ISO file and once downloaded, how do i upgrade? In order to upgrade, you will need the Windows 8.1 ISO file which can be downloaded from the official Microsoft Website keep in mind that in order to do so you will need a product key.
- Once downloaded, open up the installer
- Click on “Install Windows 8.1” unless you have a Windows 8 product key
- In that case, click on “Install Windows 8” (even if you have already)
- When the installer asks for your product key, insert it and click continue
- Windows 8 will start downloading
- Important: Once it does so, press the Red X and close the installer
- Now open it up again and click “Install Windows 8.1”
- This time, if done correctly, it won’t ask you for the product key again.
- Click “Next” until Windows 8.1 is installed.
If you don’t have a product key we recommend you purchase one from the Microsoft website, or use less legal ways to download the software (which we don’t recommend). Any questions? Make sure to ask them in the comment section bellow!
Hello, my name is Niels Bosch
and i am the founder of AmongTech. Currently living in the South of Spain. My main interests are web development, playing video games once in a while, Apple, Marketing and SEO. I am currently studying Business administration, Networking & Security and Database management and will be doing so for the next year.