The Android L Developer preview has been available for some time now and many custom ROM developers are working hard on adjusting their ROMs to be compatible with the new Android version. But there is already a new Custom ROM completely based on the Android L Developer Preview. The ROM has undergone several modifications graphics, a general lightening for a better user experience.
How to Install PureWhite Custom ROM based on Android L
- Disclaimer: Neither AmongTech or the original creater of this ROM is responsible for any damage this may cause to your device.
- We highly recommend making a full Nandroid Backup and back your data up to the cloud, learn how to do so here
- Proceed to boot into recovery mode
- Fully Wipe your data and format system
- Download the PureWhite Custom ROM here
- Flash the ROM onto the device
- Flash SuperSU which can be downloaded here
- Reboot your system (this may take several minutes, please be patient!)
- The ROM already has GAPPS installed, so this is not required to re-install.
There are currently several bugs that are causing some problems. The VPN still doesn’t work as it is an Android L developer preview issue, as far as bugs caused by the Custom ROM the HDR and swipe camera in the lockscreen don’t work.