Xposed Framework is unofficially available for Android 5.1. Xposed is famous for the amount of customization it offers without the need of installing a custom ROM on your device. Xposed was officially ported to Android 5.0 Lollipop and the unofficial port to Android 5.1 allows the use of all Android 5.0 compatible modules.
Bellow we have put together a list featuring the best Android 5.1 Xposed Modules and how to install each one of them, we have also added a bonus list with more compatible Android 5.1 Xposed Modules.
10 Must Have Android 5.1 Xposed Modules – Full list
1. GravityBox – A Must have on every device
GravityBox is the most popular Xposed Module available and also the main reason most users even think about installing Xposed Framework on their device. Gravitybox can be considered an all in one module, allowing you to fully customize every single aspect of Android to your liking. Some of the main features include: QuickSettings tile management with additional tiles and tile reordering, CyanogenMod Pie Controls, Lockscreen targets, Expanded desktop with semi-immersive and immersive modes, Lockscreen tweaks, Statusbar tweaks, Navigation bar tweaks, Power tweaks, Display tweaks, Media tweaks, Hardware key actions, Dialer tweaks, Launcher tweaks, Screen recording and Smart radio.
You can download the latest GravityBox 3.5.8 here
2. Xposed Additions
Xposed Additions is the module that allows you to fully customize all physical buttons on your Android device and Add new actions like click, long press, double tap, triple tap and so on, to any physical button on your device. It also allows you to configure what every button does, like the up and down volume button can be set to mute or unmute your device etc. The possibilities are endless.
You can download Xposed Additions 3.5.7 here
3. True silent Mode
Most of you have noticed that Google removed the much popular true silent mode in Android Lollipop 5.0 but with this simple Xposed Module you can bring this feature back. We already did a how to enable True silent mode but the module doesn’t need much explanation since all that is required is installing it.
You can download True Silent Mode 2.4 here
4. MinMinLock – The privacy must have module
Privacy is important but keeping a smartphone private can be hard. Friends, Family and Boyfriends or girlfriends are always snooping around on our devices and that can be very annoying. MinMinLock allows you to set a password lock on individual apps, like bank/credit card, file explorer and pretty much anything on your device. Once the module is installed from the setting page, simply enable any app you want to set a password on.
You can download MinMinLock 1.0.4 here
5. Xblast Tools
Similar to GravityBox, Xblast tools also allows you to customize almost any aspect of Android. All though it isn’t as popular as GravityBox it does allow you to customize a great deal of things GravityBox doesn’t allow you to. Some of the things you can customize:
- you can choose your favorite color for your Clock with out modifying APK files
- You can add custom text along with the clock, which will be displayed in status bar and notification bar
- You can add color to Date field in notification bar…
- You can choose your favorite font for clock & Date field in status bar & notification bar…
- You can add your favorite fonts into your /sdcard/fonts/ folder, it will be listed in the app
- You can add bar code fonts for clock & Date field in status bar & notification bar..
- You can add shadow and color for clock and custom text as you like
- You can choose any color for status bar…
- You can make full transparent for notification
You can Download XblastTools 1.8.8 here
Bellow are the number 6,7,8,9 and 10 of our list:
6. AppOps: Allows you to control the permissions that are required and used.
7. MaxLock: An continuation of MiniLock adding more features.
8. YoutubeAdAway: Remove’s all youtube ads.
9. App Settings: allows users to individually modify certain settings of the apps installed on their phone
10. Maximize Widget Lockscreen: Expand lockscreen widgets when device unlocked for quick viewing of notifications.
List of compatible Android 5.1 Xposed Modules
Bellow is a full list of other Xposed Modules that all though didn’t make it in our Top 10 list are still compatible with Xposed Framework for Android 5.1:
- Advanced Power Menu+
- All Notifications Expanded
- Always Expandable Notfications
- Audio Privacy
- Battery History XXL
- Battery Stats Plus
- Burnt Toast
- CpuTemp In Statusbar
- Disable Proximity Sensor
- Enable Ambient Display Xposed
- Enable SwiftKey Predictions on More Fields
- Flat Style Bar Indicators
- Flat Style Colored Bars
- Flat Style Colored Keyboard
- Flat Style Module
- Force Immersive Mode
- GravityBox [LP]
- Hide Network Indicators
- Lollipop Power Menu
- Map Zoom Invert
- Native Clipboard
- Network Speed Indicator
- No Wireless Charging Sound
- Pandora Patcher
- Play Store Changelog
- Remove Battery Saver Warning Color
- Restore Notification Ticker on Lollipop
- Screenshot Delay Remover
- Sense 6 Transparent Recents
- SIM Number Changer
- SMS+Tethering Enabler
- Statusbar Scroll to Top
- Tinted Status Bar
- Volume Steps+
- Xposed Torch
- XSSID Indicator
- Xtended NavBar
Hello, my name is Niels Bosch
and i am the founder of AmongTech. Currently living in the South of Spain. My main interests are web development, playing video games once in a while, Apple, Marketing and SEO. I am currently studying Business administration, Networking & Security and Database management and will be doing so for the next year.