If you recently purchased a Galaxy S5 and want to install one of the most popular custom recoveries available, Clockworkmod (or CWM) today is your lucky day. We are going to take a look at how to install ClockWorkMod recovery for the Galaxy S5, it has been tested and confirmed working on the following models: G900F, G900T, G900W8, G900I and G900P.
How to install ClockWorkMod Recovery on the Galaxy S5 using Odin
- First we are going to download CWM for Galaxy S5 and Odin for Windows
- Unzip the downloaded Odin folder
- put the CMW recovery tar.md5 image file in the same folder.
- Run the Odin app
- Boot your Galaxy S5 in Download Mode ((turn off your phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot into download mode)
- important: Make sure the Repartition is not checked in Odin (this could brick your device if it is enabled)
- Click on the PDA button
- Select the philz_touch_6.26.6-klte.tar.md5 file downloaded previously
- Press the big “Start” button.