It is not unusual to be lying in bed, turning your iPhone on and getting blinded by the incredible bright screen, even when your brightness is on the minimum setting. Nightmode should prevent this but was until now only available on device’s with jailbreak.
Nightmode is a mode that allows you to lower your screen brightness even more, not only preventing from getting blinded by the brightness of your screen but it will also prevent you from wasting battery life. The method was discovered by dave Lee and it allows you to enable nightmode for ios 8 without jailbreak. You can check out the video bellow explaining the steps or follow our in-depth instructions bellow:
How to enable Nightmode for iOS 8 without jailbreak
- Head over to Settings > General > Accessibility > Zoom
- Enable “Zoom” and “Show Controller”
- Tap the little joystick
- Head over to the “Choose Filter” option
- Choose the Low Light option
- Reduce the Zoom to minimum
- Click on “Zoom Region” back in the Settings app
- Choose the “Full Screen Zoom” option.
- Turn off Show Controller and Zoom
- Head over to Settings > General > Accessibility
- At the bottom of the list, choose Accessibility Shortcut
- Choose the “Zoom” option
- Now you can enable or disable the feature by triple clicking your home button.
Hello, my name is Niels Bosch
and i am the founder of AmongTech. Currently living in the South of Spain. My main interests are web development, playing video games once in a while, Apple, Marketing and SEO. I am currently studying Business administration, Networking & Security and Database management and will be doing so for the next year.