Many of you are aware of the fact that Google has made quiet some changes to what a third party app can do on your external SD Card, while previously apps could write and read the external storage card, now they can only read making many of the apps pretty useless and causing huge issues, mainly with camera and video apps.
The new version of Total commander 2.05 fixes these issues restoring the permissions to Android allowing third party apps to Create, delete, copy, move, rename files and folders. Here is our guide on how to install it:
- Make sure to back up your device and SD card (check out our guide on how to do so)
- (if you are reading this from your smartphone) Go to the following page and download the “tcbeta.apk” file (If you are reading this from your computer) You can scan this QR-Code and get the file that way
- open up the app and go to the SD card where your apps are installed
- Choose an App you want to move from your internal storage to external Micro SD card
- Click the “Move to SD Card” button
Total Commander 2.05 is currently in beta and the app might not work on all devices (it has been confirmed it doesn’t work on the new HTC One M8 and LG G Pad). The app does work on almost all Samsung devices. An alternative to Total Commander is SDFix which is available on the Play Store.