Sony Xperia users have spotted a mysterious Baidu folder in the 10.5.1.A.0
- Read status and identity of your device
- Make pictures and videos without your knowledge
- Get your exact location
- Read the contents of your USB memory
- Read or edit accounts
- Change security settings
- Completely manage your network access
- Couple with bluetooth devices
- Know what apps you are using
- Prevent your device from entering sleep mode
- Change audio settings
- Change system setting
All this, without the users knowledge or permission of course. Sony made an official statement on its forums confirming that in future updates, this folder will be removed. But there is a way to fix the issue right now and will prevent your personal data to be send to remote Chinese servers.
How to remove the Baidu folder on Sony Xperia devices
- Download Terminal Emulator for android here
- Once installed, run the following command: pm block com.sonymobile.mx.android
- Clean the data of your MyXperia App
- Delete the Baidu folder manually, it can be found on the Internal Storage of your device
- Reboot your Device
This should prevent any more personal data being send without your knowledge to Chinese servers.
Hello, my name is Niels Bosch
and i am the founder of AmongTech. Currently living in the South of Spain. My main interests are web development, playing video games once in a while, Apple, Marketing and SEO. I am currently studying Business administration, Networking & Security and Database management and will be doing so for the next year.