Cyanogenmod usually brings a lot of awesome new features to Android and is well known to be one of the most stable ROM’s out there yet Cyanogenmod 12.1 has some serious connection issues on the Moto E. Many users are experiencing a Moto E CM12.1 Connection error to different Google Play services like the Play Store and Google Now.
XDA user Manish_Sky has found a permanent fix for the Moto E CM12.1 Connection error which lies in the Host file as the hosts file from the Moto E and CM12.1 were crossing each other, leaving Moto E users without Google services.
Fix for Moto E CM12.1 Connection error
Before we start it is important to know that doing this method will remove your device’s warranty. This method will also only work if you own a Moto E 2015 3G edition with CM12.1 already installed on it.
- Download the latest CM12.1 GAPPS and the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
- Transfer the GAPPS to your Moto E
- Boot into Recovery mode
- Create a full backup of your device (recommended)
- On main menu of TWRP recovery, select Install. Navigate to and select the Gapps file (gapps-lp-20141212-signed.zip)
- Flash the SuperSU-v2.46.zip file to your device
- Root your device by installing it
- Reboot your device
- Open a File Manager app (with root permission)
- Navigate to /etc
- Get the Host file and copy it to an external SD card
- Delete the Host file from /etc
- Try reconnecting to Google Now and the Play Store
Hello, my name is Niels Bosch
and i am the founder of AmongTech. Currently living in the South of Spain. My main interests are web development, playing video games once in a while, Apple, Marketing and SEO. I am currently studying Business administration, Networking & Security and Database management and will be doing so for the next year.