The MoKee ROM has released a custom build for the popular Xiaomi Redmi 1S that brings Android 5.1.1 Lollipop build LMY48B to the Xiaomi Redmi 1S. The latest MoKee ROM build doesn’t only add support for Android 5.1.1 it also fixes overheating issues while charging and many different bugs affecting the device, you can check out the full changelog here and the full Android 5.1.1 Changelog.
Before Installing Android 5.1.1 Xiaomi Redmi 1S
- Charge your device to at least 80% battery life
- Make sure to perform a full system backup of all your data. Make sure to check out our in-depth guides on how to perform a Nandroid backup or a backup Android to the cloud
- The phone should be rooted with the latest TWRP recovery installed on it.
- Enable USB Debugging on the phone. This can be done by to navigating to Settings > About phone and Tap on Build Number several times until a message appears saying ‘You are now a Developer.
How to Install Android 5.1.1 Xiaomi Redmi 1S
- Download all the required packages. Download MoKee Android 5.1.1 ROM and Android 5.1.1 GAPPS
- Connect your Xiaomi Redmi 1S to your computer
- Transfer all downloaded files to the device’s internal memory
- Disconnect your Redmi 1S
- Boot into recovery mode (press Power and Volume Up buttons together for a few seconds until the recovery menu appears)
- Go to recovery menu and select Wipe. Also do advance wipe and select system, data, dalvik cache and cache
- Select the “Install” option from the menu and choose the MoKee Android 5.1.1 ROM .zip file
- Finish the installation process
- Choose the GApps .zip file and install the latest Google Apps for Android 5.1.1
- Reboot your device
After flashing the ROM if the device gets stuck on booting animation or experience boot loop issue then perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache for a few times before rebooting the device and trying again, if this doesn’t help. Restore the created backup and follow the steps above again.