While some devices are still waiting for Android 5.0.1 new information on Android 5.1 Lollipop has already leaked, among it the Android 5.1 changelog and release date. According to information confirmed to AndroidPit by two different sources who wish to stay anonymous, we can expect Android 5.1 Lollipop at the end of February 2015 on Nexus devices first.
The leaked Android 5.1 Changelog
But what is even more interesting is the changes coming in 5.1. Many users complained about memory leak issues, battery issues, app closing without warning and affecting the device’s speed like the Nexus 7. Most of these issues will be addressed in Android 5.1 who’s name will remain “Lollipop”. Here is a full list of changes:
- Silent mode is back after being removed in 5.0
- General improvements in system stability
- Improved RAM management (This should fix the memory leak issues)
- Fixes for sudden app closures (we have provided a guide on how to fix this now here)
- Improved battery management
- Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed
- Issues with wireless connections fixed
- Problems with Okay Google function solved
- Notifications problems solved
- Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed
- Changes in the Material Design color palette (Not yet confirmed if this will come in 5.1 or later versions, but Google is working on it)
Hello, my name is Niels Bosch
and i am the founder of AmongTech. Currently living in the South of Spain. My main interests are web development, playing video games once in a while, Apple, Marketing and SEO. I am currently studying Business administration, Networking & Security and Database management and will be doing so for the next year.