On July 11 the Nokia Zoom Reinvented event took place on Pier 19, New York City. At the event we got to see several mayor announcements that should increase Nokia’s Mobile market share, as its sales dropped by -4% compared to last year and is struggling to keep up with its competitors and It seems like its new strategy is Cameras.
Nokias new Flagship phone the Nokia Lumia 1020 got revealed at the event, as was expected. The new device will include a mind blowing 41 Megapixel camera which allows to take pictures with a 2,947 x 1,658 resolution. Here is a full list of specs:
- Operation System Windows Phone 8
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 32GB internal user memory, 7GB Skydrive cloud storage
- Display: 4.5 inch AMOLED WXGA (1280 × 768)
- Processor: 1.5 Ghz dual-core Snapdragon
- Camera: PureView 41 MP sensor with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), Backside-illuminated image sensor, 6 lens optics, High resolution zoom 3x, Autofocus, Xenon Flash, LED for video, 1080p video at 30 fps, Includes Nokia Pro Camera mode and Nokia Smart Camera Mode.
- Secondary Camera: HD 1.2 Megapixel wide angle (located at the front)
- Size: 130.4 × 71.4 × 10.4 mm and Weight: 158 grams
- Connectivity: USB 2.0, BT 3.0, NFC with SIM based security, WLAN a/b/g/n, A-GPS and Glonass, 3.5 mm audio connector
- Battery: 2000 mAh battery (avg of 13 hours battery life)
- Colors: Blue, White, Yellow, Red, Black,
Here are some key features of the Nokia Lumia 1020
- 41 Megapixel sensor captures the sharpest images with details never though possible from a smartphone
- Nokia Pro Camera boosts creativity through simple and easy to user controls usually reserved for the expert photographer
- Nokia Rich Recording delivers distortion free stereo audio in the loudest environments
- Comes with the only fully integrated and true offline Global maps experience from the HERE location suite
The camera has a x6 zoom in 720p and can record high quality audio with “high quality digital microphones”. Nokia has also developed a new camera app called Nokia procamera. which will allow you to get the most out of the camera. Here is a demo video from the app
The new Nokia Lumia 1020 will be available in July in the U.S., the phone will only be available unlocked for $299 or can be bought exclusively at AT&T. Do you think the Nokia Lumia 1020 is more a Camera then a Phone? Will you be getting one? Share your opinion!
Hello, my name is Niels Bosch
and i am the founder of AmongTech. Currently living in the South of Spain. My main interests are web development, playing video games once in a while, Apple, Marketing and SEO. I am currently studying Business administration, Networking & Security and Database management and will be doing so for the next year.