You always make pictures of places and meals you are eating, your phone isn’t just the device you communicate with but also your photo camera, then accidentally you delete several of your most previous pictures “oh god!” you think.
What now? Don’t worry, it is still possible to recover your deleted photos while your data hasn’t been overwritten it shouldn’t be much trouble for recovery software to restore your data. Lets take a look at 2 methods on how you can recovery your lost photos:
How to Recover photos from Android (Method 1)
- Download Android Photo Recovery (one of the few free tools available to recover deleted photos)
- Once installed on your computer, run the program
- Turn on USB debugging on your device (this can be done Settings > About Phone > Build Number. Proceed to tap the Build Number 7 times.)
- Connect your device to your PC
- Click on “Recovery photos, audio and video”
- The software will automatically detect your smartphone and ask if it can scan the disk
- An overview of all recovered files will be shown, you can restore them by clicking “Restore”
Recover deleted photos and videos from Android (Method 2)
- Now we are going to do it using Dr Fone for Android [this process requires root privileges on your phone]
- Install and launch the program until you see a window asking you to connect your smartphone to your computer
- Proceed to follow step 3 from Method 1 (enable USB Debugging on your device)
- Connect your smartphone to your computer
- A Window will pop up showing categories of deleted files. Proceed to choose the type of files you want to recover (in this case, choose Gallery to recover photos)
- Dr Fone will scan your device and show all files that can be restored
- Simply select them and press the “Restore” button on the right bottom of the screen.
Prevent losing your photos again: How to Back Up your Photos on Android
In order to prevent this happens again, it is important you back up all of your photos and files. We have already made an in-depth article on How to back up your Android device but there is a simpler way to automatically back up all your photos using the Photo app on Android. On the Photo App touch the menu button icon > Settings > Auto Backup > check or uncheck Back up local folders. Make sure to also read our post on Best apps to back up your data to the cloud
Hello, my name is Jenifer Whiteside and i am an Author and Editor at AmongTech. I joined in 2013 as the fourth member of the team. I live in the US and am 27 years old. I will provide social network & Social media for AmongTech. I currently work for a big company located in California and live with my fiancé in California.