The hidden Nexus 6 LED light can’t be enabled from the Stock Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM and a rooted device is required in order to enable the LED light to work when a notification is available. The LED light which users originally thought wasn’t there, came as a pleasant surprise for many when was found and XDA user Andrewpmoore (developer of Light Flow) made it possible for the app to make use of the LED light which is RGB, this means it can only show the colors Red, Green and Blue. Lets take a look at how you can enable Nexus 6 LED light with a rooted device
How to Enable Nexus 6 LED light for notifications
- Important: This does require root.
- Download the Lightflow.apk or check it out in the Play Store
- Open the app and navigate to Settings
- Enable “Root Mode”
- then enable “Run Every command as Root” and “Direct mode”
- Go back, Touch the notification icon
- Choose an app
- swipe right once to change Light settings
- scroll down a bit and you’ll see “Enable mixer” option
- Tick the check box
- Choose the color that you prefer
Hello, my name is Niels Bosch
and i am the founder of AmongTech. Currently living in the South of Spain. My main interests are web development, playing video games once in a while, Apple, Marketing and SEO. I am currently studying Business administration, Networking & Security and Database management and will be doing so for the next year.