While the new iOS 8.2 has new features and bug improvements many users have reported battery issues (here is how to fix them) and there is currently no jailbreak for iOS 8.2 as popular iPhone hacker MuscleNerd warns
If you wish to Jailbreak your device or are experiencing issues with app compatibility and battery life issues we highly recommend you downgrade iOS 8.2 to an older version of iOS (like iOS 8.1.3). The guide bellow works for the following devices:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad Air 2, iPad Air
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini with retina display
- iPod touch 5th generation
How to Downgrade iOS 8.2 to iOS 8.1.3
- Head over to this page and download iOS 8.1.3 IPSW for your iOS device. The download size of these files ranges from 1.5GB to 2GB.
- plug your iOS device to the computer using USB cable
- Launch iTunes
- Navigate to the device’s summary page
- hold the Option/Alt on the keyboard. Or, Shift if you are using Windows
- While holding the key combination mentioned above, click the “Restore” button in iTunes
- Browse to the location where you have saved the IPSW file and open it.
- Now iTunes will begin restoring your iPhone/iPad to iOS 8.1.3