November 16th, 2018
Most recent posts
Fix Slow Nexus 7 2012 after upgrading to Android 5.0 Lollipop
While many are happy with the upgrade to Android 5.0 the experience has been anything but pleasant for Nexus 7 (2012) users as it has been “A not so sweet lollipop for Nexus 7 2012”. Many Nexus 7 2012 users are complaining about lag issues and the device overheating after performing the smallest task.
While this issue doesn’t apply to everybody, the great majority of users that have the issue have manually flashed the Android 5.0 LRX21P Nakasi on their device. If you are one of those who are experiencing strange behavior, we have found a fix slow Nexus 7 2012 after upgrading to Android 5.0 Lollipop.
How to Fix Slow Nexus 7 2012 after Android 5.0 upgrade? It appears that clearing the device’s Cache partition does solve the issue for many users, in the guide bellow we explain step for step how to clear Nexus 7 (2012) cache:
- Turn off your Nexus 7 (2012)
- Press and hold Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see something other than Google on the screen.
- You should see a large arrow at the top of the screen.
- Tap Volume Down repeatedly until you see Recovery in the arrow.
- Then tap the Power button to select it
- You should see an android on his back, chest open with a red triangle and exclamation mark.
- While holding Power button, tap Volume Up once then release the Power button
- You should now see a list of items
- Tap Power Down until the “erase or wipe the cache partition” is highlighted.
- Then tap Power button to select it
- Status messages will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- it can take up to 10-15 minutes to complete, so please be patient.
- When done restart the Nexus 7 (2012)
Still slow and overheating? You can check out our guide on how to downgrade Android 5.0 to Android 4.4