Motorola has just announced it is rolling out Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on the Moto E. Motorola has already rolled out Android 5.0 for the Moto X and Moto G but it looks like now the Moto E will be the one to get the update.
According to the blog post on the official Motorola Blog the OTA update is currently only rolling out in India and Brazil. You can easily install the OTA by making sure you are running the latest Motorola Update Service app from the Play Store
Download Moto E Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OTA .zip
For those who don’t live in Brazil or India, you can manually update your device by downloading the Moto E Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OTA .zip file (v22.21.32). You can download it here.
- Before you can start installing, make sure you are running a Stock version of Android 4.4 Kit Kat
- Download the “Blur_Version.22.21.32.condor_retaildsds.retaildsdsall.en.03.zip” to your computer
- Flash the .zip file to your Phone’s SD Card (don’t place it inside any folder)
- Update Motorola Update Service to the latest version (4.0)
- Reboot your device into recovery
- perform a system cache wipe
- Reboot your phone and navigate to Settings > About Phone > System Update
- Follow the on screen instructions.
Alternative method of install Android 5.0 on the Moto E:
You can also sideload the previously downloaded .zip file using ADB From your computer. Make sure to wipe cache before you proceed to install the .zip file.