The Nvidia Shield is a great portable gaming device that features a 5 inch display, something that might not be optimal to play on if you are lying at home on your couch with the TV on. If you happen to own a chromecast you might have heard of “mirroring” which is essentially proyecting your Smartphone/Tablet (or in this case Nvidia Shield) on your TV. By default, this feature isn’t available on your Shield but there is a way to get it on there.
How to mirror your Nvidia Shield to your TV using Chromecast
- First, your device has to be rooted. We highly recommend you read the great in-depth XDA-Developers guide on how to do so
- Once you have rooted your Nvidia Shield, we can proceed to download the APK of the app we are going to use called MirrorEnabler-v2.apk which you can download here
- Flash the app on your device
- Run the APK and install it
- Reboot your Nvidia Shield
- Start casting to your TV!
This app also works for Smartphones and tablets allowing devices like the Nexus 7 2012, Sony xperia line up of devices, Moto G, Moto X, Oppo Find 7, LG G2 and many other devices to mirror their screen to Chromecast.
Hello, my name is Niels Bosch
and i am the founder of AmongTech. Currently living in the South of Spain. My main interests are web development, playing video games once in a while, Apple, Marketing and SEO. I am currently studying Business administration, Networking & Security and Database management and will be doing so for the next year.