A NANDroid Backup consist in backing up a perfect mirror image of Android operation system. While some Backup methods only save some of your information a NANDroid backup will save literally everything, from your own personal data to the system files (widgets, ringtones, login, account settings, system settings to just mention a few).
Why is it important to create a NANDroid Backup?
Creating a good backup of your device is crucial, specially when experimenting with custom ROM’s and rooting your device. To get a better understanding of what a few minutes of work can safe you from, here are just some of the things a NANdroid security backup can safe you from:
- When you accidentally load malware onto your device
- Recovery any loss of personal data
- Failed Flash attempt? Android keeps crashing? Easily restore your copy.
- Easily restore to your stock Android image (specially handy when waiting for an OTA update or if you are giving or selling your device to a friend)
Method 1: Create an Online NAndroid Backup without recovery mode
Usually when backing up your device you need to reboot and enter recovery mode, something that can be a huge pain. Using a simple app like Online Nandroid it is possible to create the backup without rebooting, here is how: (This does require a rooted device)
- Download and install Online Nandroid Backup here
- Open up the app and select if you want to make a custom or scheduled backup
- You can also customize the automatic backup manager
- Click on “Manage Scheduled Backup”
- Change the time of day, how many times a day etc.
The advantage of using this app is that you can keep using Android and don’t have to reboot to perform the backup
Hello, my name is Niels Bosch
and i am the founder of AmongTech. Currently living in the South of Spain. My main interests are web development, playing video games once in a while, Apple, Marketing and SEO. I am currently studying Business administration, Networking & Security and Database management and will be doing so for the next year.