A NANDroid Backup consist in backing up a perfect mirror image of Android operation system. While some Backup methods only save some of your information a NANDroid backup will save literally everything, from your own personal data to the system files (widgets, ringtones, login, account settings, system settings to just mention a few).
Why is it important to create a NANDroid Backup?
Creating a good backup of your device is crucial, specially when experimenting with custom ROM’s and rooting your device. To get a better understanding of what a few minutes of work can safe you from, here are just some of the things a NANdroid security backup can safe you from:
- When you accidentally load malware onto your device
- Recovery any loss of personal data
- Failed Flash attempt? Android keeps crashing? Easily restore your copy.
- Easily restore to your stock Android image (specially handy when waiting for an OTA update or if you are giving or selling your device to a friend)
Method 1: Create an Online NAndroid Backup without recovery mode
Usually when backing up your device you need to reboot and enter recovery mode, something that can be a huge pain. Using a simple app like Online Nandroid it is possible to create the backup without rebooting, here is how: (This does require a rooted device)
- Download and install Online Nandroid Backup here
- Open up the app and select if you want to make a custom or scheduled backup
- You can also customize the automatic backup manager
- Click on “Manage Scheduled Backup”
- Change the time of day, how many times a day etc.
The advantage of using this app is that you can keep using Android and don’t have to reboot to perform the backup