July 13th, 2016
Most recent posts
Subscribe to the AmongTech newsletter
How to install Android Kit Kat 4.4 on Nexus 4
Google has just launched Android Kit Kat 4.4 for its new flagship smartphone the Nexus 5. Google has announced that in the upcoming months older Nexus devices (like the Nexus 7 and nexus 4) will get support for Android Kit Kat too, but nobody has time to wait for that, right?
The guys over at Paranoid have already released the ROM for Android Kit Kat 4.4 that is compatible with your Nexus 4 smartphone. We recommend you download it and then follow these steps to have Android 4.4 running on your device in no time.
- We highly recommend you Back up your old ROM. The version provided can be considered “pre-alpha” and could cause problems.
- Install CWM recovery (you can download it here)
- Transfer the Kit Kat 4.4 ROM to your Android device and reboot
- Boot into recovery mode (Press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously.)
- Wipe the /data and /system partition of your Android device (by selecting the Advanced Wipe option)
- Now you can proceed to install the ROM. Navigate to the Android Kit Kat 4.4 ROM file.
- Select “install zip from sd card” and choose the appropriate file
- Reboot and you’re done!
Disclaimer: AmongTech can’t be held responsible for any damage done to your devices by installing this ROM