Let’s admit, most of the parents are ignorant about cell phone usage of their kids. They don’t know how do their kids use their smartphone, whom do they connect through this, what applications they use, what content they view online on their phone, etc.
The Majority of parents are really concerned about all this and are stressed about how can they get to know the answers to all these questions. The two major reason factors behind their stress are the rising trends of cyberbullying and sextortion. Have a look at these statistics and you will get the idea why are they worried:
- Almost 25 percent of teenagers reported being bullied online and via their mobile or on the internet.
- 69 percent teenagers receive personal messages online on a daily basis from people they do not know.
- Teens post their personal info online. 64 percent of them post their pictures and videos, while more than 58% post information about their address.
- Almost 1 out of 7 young Internet users received unwanted sexual allurements.
- 76 percent sex crimes initiate in online chat rooms.
- Approximately 15 percent of smartphone-owning teens had been contacted by sexual predator via text messages.
- 11% of teenagers share their naked pictures through internet and messaging.
- 26 percent of teens get involved in sexting.
Be aware of all the dangers of this handy device you placed in your teen’s hands and supervise them in the right direction. For the 24/7 enabled supervision, you can take help from the feature packed, cell phone parental controls such as FamilyTime that lets you:
Mirror contacts as they appear on your teen’s phone along with other details such as email, DOB, address etc.
View Call Logs
View the call log with the date and time stamps.
Watchlist any suspicious contact and be notified whenever the contact is made by either party.
View Installed Apps
View complete list of installed apps on your teen’s phone.
Monitor Usage Frequency
Monitor app usage frequency with the total time spent on the app.
Blacklist any of the apps you find inappropriate.
Monitor Internet Usage & Web-History Tracking
Track internet usage and the web-history along with the date and time stamps.
Access the complete list of their bookmarks and favorites.
Remotely Lock Phone
Along with monitoring, the app lets parents have their control over their teen’s device. They can always lock their teens’ phones to restrict screen time or ensure data privacy in case of lost phones.
Technology Itself Is Not An Abuse
Certainly cell phones are not the abuse in fact, they offer great potential to be an asset to stay connected. Like any other tool, you only have to make sure that it’s used appropriately. And you can do that easily with the use of cell phone parental controls!
Hello, my name is Niels Bosch
and i am the founder of AmongTech. Currently living in the South of Spain. My main interests are web development, playing video games once in a while, Apple, Marketing and SEO. I am currently studying Business administration, Networking & Security and Database management and will be doing so for the next year.