Google released 2 new Android 5.0 Lollipop Preview Images for the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 just a few days ago and there is already a root available. The new preview images feature some mayor improvements and upgrades over the previous ones as the official release date of Android Lollipop comes closer, it is currently available for the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7, you can download them from the official Android website here.
Like easter eggs? If you have the new preview installed, don’t forget to check out Google’s latest flappy bird themed easter egg
How to root Android 5.0 Lollipop new Preview images for the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7
- First, download the Boot Image and SuperSu
- fastboot flash of the google img files, (fastboot flash-all.bat)
- Reboot your Phone
- Connect your device to your PC
- It should show Nexus 5 (it is not? Here is how to fix that)
- put the boot.img and SuperSU 2.14 into the download folder
- fastboot flash recovery with most recent TWRP.
- In TWRP browse to download folder
- Then flash boot.img and the SuperSU 2.14
- Reboot and voila!