November 16th, 2018
Most recent posts
How To install Cyanogenmod 12.1 GAPPS CM12.1
While Cyanogenmod 12.1 allows you to customize most of your Android OS and brings a ton of additional features and apps that replace the original Google apps, the well put together apps from Google are irreplaceable.
If you install CM12.1 or older version of Cyanogenmod by default it doesn’t come with Gapps (Google Apps) installed these Apps include: Play store, Gmail, Maps, Google Backup Transport, Car Home, YouTube, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Music, and Google Docs. If you have experience installing custom ROM’s you will have no issue installing Gapps on Cyanogenmod CM12.1
Download Cyanogenmod 12.1 GAPPS CM12.1
Bellow, you can download GAPPS 90.6MB which include the Minimal Edition signed Google Apps for Android 5.1 which work with CM12.1
- Cyanogenmod 12.1 Gapps Android 5.1 – Download
On CM12.1 older Gapps versions are also compatible like Google Apps for Android 5.0 Lollipop. If you are experiencing issues with the latest GAPPS for Android 5.1 you can always download and install these:
- Cyanogenmod 12.1 Gapps Android 5.0 – Download
Bellow is a list of Addons for Android 5.1 Lollipop Gapps based ROMs like Cyanogenmod 12.1
- Download Bloatware Removal Script
- Download Google App (Search) v184.108.40.206581490.arm for Android 5.1
- Download FaceLock for Android 5.1
- Download AOSP Calendar Sync
How to install Android 5.1 Gapps Cyanogenmod 12.1
- Before making any modifications, we here at AmongTech always highly recommend you backup your device, just in case. Here is a guide on how to do so.
- Once downloaded the Gapps.zip file (It will be a zip file – leave it as it is – you don’t need to unzip it.) file boot the device into recovery mode (how to do so varies per device)
- Using the volume keys, highlight “Install Zip From Sdcard” or similar, then press the select button. Highlight “Choose Zip From Sdcard”
- Look on your SD card in your device and find the previously downloaded Gapps.zip folder.
- Open it up and wait for it to install
- Reboot your device and you should now have Google Apps for Android 5.1 installed.